SRE Shelter-in-Place Operations
Dear Southern Rivers Energy Members,
During these uncertain times, our priority is to continue providing reliable, safe, affordable electricity during the COVID-19 crisis, while protecting our members and our employees.
While utilities are included in what is outlined as critical infrastructure in the statewide shelter-in-place order and are expected to continue operating, we have expanded our social distancing policies for the protection and safety of our employees and members. Beginning Monday, April 6:
- All Southern Rivers Energy employees who are able, will telecommute. Customer Service Representatives will respond to questions and concerns by phone or through the Contact Us form on our website as quickly as possible. Please be patient as we operate with a reduced workforce and hours. Crews will respond to any power outages if necessary. Please remember to call the Outage Hotline at 866-244-4890, to ensure the most efficient reporting process. As always, the safety and security of our members and employees remains our highest priority and we are taking steps to maintain a healthy workforce.
- In addition to keeping our lobby closed, the Drive-Thru Window will also be closed.
- We encourage members to use our electronic means of payment when possible via our SRE mobile app, website and 24/7 phone payments. Although we are not accepting payments at our drive-thru window, payments can be made using the night deposit (cash/check) or kiosk (cash/check/card) located in our drive-thru. Additional kiosks are available at Freshway Market in Zebulon, Freshway Market in Byron and Giant Mart in Barnesville.
- New service, transfer of service or disconnection of service requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If an SRE employee is dispatched to your home to change a meter, service your yard light, connect or disconnect a service, please be aware that they have been instructed to keep their distance. Please do not approach them or attempt to shake hands.
Our focus is the safety and welfare of our employees and their families, while at the same time providing you, our member, with reliable and dependable electric service.
Here are some helpful resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization
- Our office lobby and drive-thru are closed.
- We are suspending disconnections of service for nonpayment through the month of April at which time we will reevaluate.
- Southern Rivers Energy is always a 24-hour operation with employees on-call. Though many employees are working remotely, all employees are still available via email and phone. Crews will respond to any outages if necessary.
Our employees live and work in this community and we share your concerns. One of our top priorities as your electric cooperative is the safety and well-being of members like you, our employees and the community.
We urge you to take precautions for the health and welfare of your family as well. Please continue following all the CDC guidelines for practicing healthy habits such as washing your hands and sanitizing frequently touched areas. We also encourage you to practice social distancing.
We are confident in our ability to keep your lights on while keeping both our employees and you safe.
Southern Rivers Energy