SRE Seeks Scholarship Applicants
Southern Rivers Energy is accepting applications for the Walter Harrison Scholarship, the Southern Rivers Energy Trust Scholarship and the Washington Youth Tour. Criteria and deadlines for each opportunity are outlined below:
- Applicants must live in a household receiving electric service from Southern Rivers Energy.
- Ten scholarships worth $1000 each will be awarded in April 2016.
- Funds must be used at a two or four-year accredited college or university, including Vocation-technical schools within the state of Georgia.
- Recipients will be selected based on a combination of financial need and academic ability.
- Southern Rivers Energy will select one local application to submit for the statewide competition.
- Applicants must submit applications to the appropriate EMC. If you receive electric service from Southern Rivers Energy, you must submit your application to that office. Applications received from students residing in a household served by a neighboring EMC will not be considered.
- Applications must be postmarked by February 3, 2017.
Southern Rivers Energy Trust Scholarship – Five $3000 scholarships will be awarded
- Applicants’ primary residence must be within one of the counties served by Southern Rivers Energy, including Bibb, Coweta, Crawford, Lamar, Meriwether, Monroe, Pike, Spalding and Upson.
- Open to high school students as well as currently enrolled college and technical school students.
- Applications must be postmarked by March 3, 2017.