Operation Round Up Grants Awarded
Congratulations to the our recent Operation Round Up grant recipients. The following is a list of recipients who have recently received grants. The Trust Board meets and reviews applications every other month. Donations to the program are not granted for general operating expenses or utility bills.
- RUSH Ministries, Inc. – Up to $10,000 to help fund bathroom facilities for their community event property in Thomaston.
- Prevent Blindness Georgia – $5000 to provide early vision screenings for children in Crawford, Lamar, Monroe, Pike and Upson counties.
- Upson County 4-H – $9950 to help fund camp scholarships, district and state meetings, project achievement and an after-school STEM program for elementary school students.
- Griffin First United Methodist Church Preschool - $2000 to help purchase a new piece of playground equipment.
- Griffin Region College and Career Academy - $9995 to purchase one of three flight control simulators for a new Aviation Pathway they are starting in the fall.
- Lamar County Family Connection Collaborative - $4429.58 to purchase enough composition/writing tablets and notebooks for their "Pack Your Backpack" event.
- Project Linus Griffin Chapter - $2000 to purchase materials to make hand-made blankets for children in crisis to be distributed through local police and fire stations, hospitals, EMS Services, DFACS, etc.
Southern Rivers Energy's Operation Round Up program is funded by members who allow us to round up their bill to the next whole dollar each month. The extra change collected goes into a separate, charitable fund that is administered by an eleven member board comprised of volunteer SRE members who meet every other month to review applications and allocate funds based on a set of funding guidelines. Visit our Operation Round Up page for more information.