Here Are A Few Quick Tips:
- Keep your thermostat set at 68ºF in winter and 78ºF in summer.
- Make sure the vents for your heating/cooling system are not obstructed by furniture or rugs.
- Use ceiling fans running forward in summer to create a breeze and running in reverse in winter to help circulate heated air.
- Keep your water heater set at 120oF
- Change the air filter of your heating and cooling system every 60 days, and keep the outdoor unit clear of grass leaves and other debris.
- Keep the lint tray and vent hose on your clothes dryer clean.
- Wash clothes in cold water when possible and try to do laundry in full loads instead of lots of little loads.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer door seals in good shape.
- Use the air-dry setting on your dishwasher.
- Limit showers to 7 minutes.
- Devices such as computers, heaters, large-screen televisions, stereos, and coffee makers can waste energy when not in use. Turn them off!
Everything you do, no matter how small, can add up to big savings. Learn 101 ways that you can save on energy and money.