Southern Rivers Energy recently upgraded its electric service to better serve you! We replaced our meters with new advanced meters that can be read using a secure wireless communication network so that we no longer have to "roll a truck" to read your meter which cuts down on fuel and labor costs.
As of June 6, 2013, all residential meters were exchanged. Thanks to these new meters we are now able to offer some new tools to give you more control over your energy costs. You can now track your usage by logging into your account on the home page and compare usage against weather patterns or just track and compare monthly usage. We also offer a new pre pay feature called Pay Your Way that allows you to purchase energy before you use it, just like you buy groceries or gas, when it's most convenient for you. This helps you control your budget and pay how much you want when you want. You will receive alerts when your account is running low so you can easily pay online, over the phone or at the office 24-7. Click here to learn more.
Operating more efficiently helps us keep costs down for our members.
• With data from the meters coming to our offices, we will be able to read your meter remotely. Remote meter reading and remote reconnects mean co-op employees will spend less time on the road.
• Now, information coming from the new meters will allow us to monitor the system in near real-time and correct problems and inefficiencies.
New tools for diagnosing problems and disruptions help us improve reliability for our members.
• With more detailed information about what is happening in the field, we will be able to respond faster to outages: the new meters tell us when and where there is an outage or disturbance.
• With more data we can also improve power quality.
• More data enables us to provide more accurate information about outages and restoration times.
The AMI meters will be able to automatically report outages and allow SRE to verify whether the outage is on the your side of the meter or the co-op’s. You have the ability to view and utilize your daily energy usage data and other valuable information, and this helps you determine, evaluate, and manage your monthly, daily and even hourly electric usage!
If you have further questions about AMI, please call our office: 770-358-1383.