Walter Harrison Scholarship - Click here to download the 2017 application
Students must apply through the EMC that provides service to their home.
The Walter Harrison Scholarship program is a statewide scholarship competition sponsored by the EMCs in Georgia. Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded in 2017 to apply toward educational costs at any accredited two- or four-year university, college or vocational-technical institute within the state of Georgia.
To be eligible students must:
- Reside in the household of a SRE member or SRE employee
- Be accepted or enrolled in an accredited undergraduate degree program
- Complete a two-page application
- Write a two-page autobiographical sketch referencing future plans/goals
The Walter Harrison Scholarship is awarded to students who excel in the areas of GPA, SAT scores, academic standing, scholastic honors, and who demonstrate a financial need. Entries will be reviewed by a scholarship committee made up of EMC directors and managers from across Georgia.
Read more about Walter Harrison and other participating EMCs on Georgia EMC's Website.
Southern Rivers Energy Trust Scholarship - Click here to download the 2017 application
This local scholarship opportunity is sponsored by Southern Rivers Energy and the Southern Rivers Energy Trust, Inc. Applicants will be judged blindly by a panel of educators on the quality of their essays, GPA, community and school involvement. Five scholarships worth $3000 each will be awarded in 2017.
- Student's primary residence is within one of the following counties served by SRE: Bibb, Coweta, Crawford, Lamar, Pike, Meriwether, Monroe, Spalding and Upson.
- Student is a high school senior (public, private or home-school) or is currently enrolled in an accredited college or technical school. Not intended for graduate school.
What to submit:
- Four essays describing how the applicant demonstrates the core values that power Touchstone Energy Cooperatives like SRE: Commitment to Community, Accountability, Innovation and Integrity.
- Letter of recommendation
- School transcript
- Letter of acceptance
- School Photo or headshot from shoulders up with a solid background.